2021 Race Briefing Video
Programme for the day
- 08:30 registration and Bag drop opens
- 09:45 registration closes
- 10:20 Pipe Band will welcome runners to the start line. Once you hear them play, please move to your predicted time area
- 10:30 Half Marathon starts
- 13:30 prize giving outside at the Prize Giving Gazebo
- The event venue is Fingal Centre Portree, IV51 9ET
- There are plenty of toilets at the venue and outside
- There is bag drop available, contents stored at your own risk
- First Aid is situated outside the venue, adjacent to the Portable toilet area
- The race is along closed roads, however emergency vehicles will still have access, so please keep to the left of the road at all times
- Only ‘bone conductor’ head phones are permitted as per Scottish Athletics regulations
- Water stations are approximately every 3 miles, stations will have water to refill bottles and a limited amount of water in tetra packs for those who haven’t bought bottles.
- Please drop all tetra packs on the verge within the drop zones and be mindful of hitting runners behind
- No Gels are provided on the course, so please bring along anything you need
- Skye is beautiful and we operate a strict litter zone for water bottles, to keep it that way
- Our course is measured and approved by Scottish Athletics
Injuries or Race Withdrawals
- There are no refunds, transfers or deferrals permitted, unless you purchase and comply with the terms of our ‘Cancellation Protection’
- If you need to pull out of the race after you have registered, please ensure that you notify one of the ‘Skye Events’ team
- During the race a sweeper bus will follow the last runners and collect anyone who cannot continue.
- If you are feeling unwell or injure yourself during the race and need to retire, please notify one of our course marshals. For safety reasons, do not leave the race without advising one of our team
- We have a 3 hours limit on the race. If you are over this time, you will be offered a lift by our sweeper bus. If you choose to continue that is fine, but you will no longer be running on closed roads and we cannot be held responsible for your safety. You should also be advised that the water stations will no longer be available
- When you finish the race you will be asked to remove the timing chip from your shoe, before you collect your race day goodies.
- Pliers and sanitisers will be available to enable quick removal.
- Once your chip is removed you can collect your post race goodies from the finish line tables.
- Spectators are a big part of our annual event and help us to create a fantastic atmosphere and although we may not have such a large event as usual, they are still very much welcome.
- We are operating Social Distancing on site, where possible. We ask spectators to respect this and not congregate in congested areas or High 5 runners.
- We have marked out additional spectator areas, so there is plenty of room for everyone. We encourage everyone to continue to follow government guidance on how to stay safe and protect others.
- Spectators are welcome along the course; any vehicles must be in situ pre-road closure and cannot be moved until the road re-opens
- Push bikes are welcome on the course, providing they do not interfere with the runners
You are most welcome to leave you bag with us during the race, just follow the signs to the Bag Drop area. The bags will be kept in an area away from the public and marshals will remain within the area for the duration of the event. Please note that whilst we try to maintain security, bags are left at owners’ risk.
There will be no merchandise stall this year but you can still get your hands on our fantastic sustainable hoodies, caps, bags, t-shirts etc via our online shop.
You can then collect your order on the day at Registration. Final order date for Race Day collection is Monday 6th September. You can order post race and have your order posted, but please note-once our stock is sold out it’s gone!
For runners needing to replenish some calories, we have a wide range of stalls at our street food area. From burgers to burritos, there is something for everything. In particular vendors have all been asked to offer Vegan and Gluten Free Options.
Half Marathon Prize Giving
Prize winners will be notified via text and invited to collect their prizes from the Prize Giving Gazebo between 13.30-15.00. If you miss your text please message us.