Programme for the day
- 08:30 Registration opens
- 09:30 Bag drop opens
- 09:45 Registration closes
- 09.45 10K runners board bus to their start line
- 10:15 Warm up
- 10:20 Pipe Band will welcome runners to the start line. Once you hear them play, please move to your predicted time area
- 10:30 Half Marathon starts
- 10.35 Fun Run starts
- 13:30 Prize giving
- The event venue is Fingal Centre Portree, IV51 9ET
- There are plenty of toilets at the venue and outside
- There is bag drop available inside the venue, contents stored at your own risk
- First Aid is situated outside the venue, adjacent to the portable toilet area
- The race is along closed roads, however emergency vehicles will still have access, so please keep to the left of the road at all times
- Only ‘bone conductor’ head phones are permitted as per Scottish Athletics regulations
- Water stations are approximately every 3 miles, stations will have water to refill bottles and compostable cups for those who chose to run without their own hydration.
- Please drop all cups on the verge within the drop zones and be mindful of hitting runners behind
- No Gels are provided on the course, so please bring along anything you need
- Skye is beautiful and we operate a strict litter zone for water bottles to keep it that way
- Our course is measured and approved by Scottish Athletics
Injuries or Race Withdrawals
- There are no refunds, transfers or deferrals permitted, unless you purchase and comply with the terms of our ‘Cancellation Protection’
- If you need to pull out of the race after you have registered, please ensure that you notify a marshal or one of the ‘Skye Events’ team
- During the race a sweeper bus will follow the last runners and collect anyone who cannot continue.
- If you are feeling unwell or injure yourself during the race and need to retire, please notify one of our course marshals. For safety reasons, do not leave the race without advising one of our team
- We have a 3 hour limit on the race. If you are over this time, you will be offered a lift by our sweeper bus. If you choose to continue that is fine, but you will no longer be running on closed roads and we cannot be held responsible for your safety. You should also be advised that the water stations will no longer be available
- When you finish the race you will be asked to remove the timing chip from your shoe, before you collect your race day goodies.
- Pliers and sanitisers will be available,as well as someone to assist you to enable quick removal.
- Once your chip is removed you can collect your post race goodies from the finish line tables.
- Spectators are a big part of our annual event and help us to create a fantastic atmosphere so all friends and family very much welcome.
- We encourage everyone to continue to follow government guidance regarding Covid infection on how to stay safe and protect others.
- Spectators are welcome along the course; any vehicles must be in situ pre-road closure and cannot be moved until the road re-opens
You are most welcome to leave you bag with us during the race, just follow the signs to the Bag Drop area. The bags will be kept in an area away from the public and marshals will remain within the area for the duration of the event. Please note that whilst we try to maintain security, bags are left at owners’ risk.
Our Shop will be back for 2023 so if upon entry you didn't make a purchase online, don't worry, the lovely Ann Marie & Catriona will be on hand to help with any purchases. If you purchased online as part of your entry, you can then collect your order on the day at Registration. Payments can be taken by cash or card.
For runners needing to replenish some calories, we have a wide range of stalls at our street food area. From burgers to burritos, there is something for everything. In particular vendors have all been asked to offer Vegan and Gluten Free Options.
Half Marathon Prize Giving
Prize winners will be invited to collect their prizes at 13.30.