Programme for the day
- 08:30 registration, Bag drop and Fun Run number collection opens
- 09:45 registration closes
- 10:00 race warm up starts for Half Marathon and Fun Run
- 10:20 Pipe Band will walk Half Marathon and Fun runners to the start line
- 10:30 Half Marathon starts
- 10:35 Fun Run starts
- 11:00 toddler Dash on the Astro turf
- 11:15 Fun Run prize giving
- 13:30 prize giving inside the Fingal Centre
- The event venue is Fingal Centre Portree, IV51 9ET
- There are plenty of toilets at the venue and outside
- There is bag drop available, contents stored at your own risk
- First Aid is situated outside the venue, adjacent to the Portable toilet area
- Changing facilities and lockers are available at the venue
- All runners are entitled to a post-race swim or use of the venue’s showers
- The race is along closed roads, however emergency vehicles will still have access, so please keep to the left of the road at all times
- Only ‘bone conductor’ head phones are permitted as per Scottish Athletics regulations
- Water stations are approximately every 3 miles, stations will have water to refill bottles and a limited amount of water in tetra packs for those who haven’t bought bottles.
- Please drop all tetra packs on the verge within the drop zones and be mindful of hitting runners behind
- No Gels are provided on the course, so please bring along anything you need
- Skye is beautiful and we operate a strict litter zone for water bottles, to keep it that way
- Our course is measured and approved by Scottish Athletics
Injuries or Race Withdrawals
- There are no refunds, transfers or deferrals permitted, unless you purchase and comply with the terms of our ‘Cancellation Protection’
- If you need to pull out of the race after you have registered, please ensure that you notify one of the ‘Skye Events’ team
- During the race a sweeper bus will follow the last runners and collect anyone who cannot continue.
- If you are feeling unwell or injure yourself during the race and need to retire, please notify one of our course marshals. For safety reasons, do not leave the race without advising one of our team
- We have a 3 hours limit on the race. If you are over this time, you will be offered a lift by our sweeper bus. If you choose to continue that is fine, but you will no longer be running on closed roads and we cannot be held responsible for your safety. You should also be advised that the water stations will no longer be available
- Please encourage your friends and family to come along for the day, it’s a great atmosphere and there is lots to entertain everyone.
- Spectators are welcome along the course; any vehicles must be in situ pre-road closure and cannot be moved until the road re-opens
- Push bikes are welcome on the course, providing they do not interfere with the runners
- Spectators are welcome to line the finish area and give the runners ‘High Fives’ as they come in
You are most welcome to leave you bag with us during the race, just follow the signs to the Bag Drop area. The bags will be kept in an area away from the public and marshals will remain within the area for the duration of the event. Please note that whilst we try to maintain security, bags are left at owners’ risk.
Race Warm up
Skye Dance will put you through your paces and help you get ready to race. The warm up takes place outside the front doors of the Venue.
Our popular merchandise will be back again, this year offering sustainable premium organic items. We expect to sell out, please take advantage of our pre order system when entering or get your items delivered straight to your door through out online shop
For runners needing to replenish some calories, we have a wide range of stalls at our street food area. From burgers to burritos, there is something for everything. In particular vendors have all been asked to offer Vegan and Gluten Free Options.